Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Journey



DAD NEW YEARS 2011 PORTRAIT IN PROGRESS


It is good to have an end
to journey towards;
but it is the journey that matters in the end.
-Ursula K. LeGuin
In November, my dad passed away after a long (and early onset) battle with Alzheimer's disease. I can think of no better way to sum up the importance of your journey in life than to simply say don't take it for granted because you have no idea how quickly your life can change direction.
It is important to have a meaningful life no matter how it ends up. The end isn't what it's about. It IS about the journey.
I can honestly say, I never imagined my life would end up as it has but that doesn't mean I have failed.
In my journey now, I set the course with a few simple guidelines. Who am I and what do I truly need? The answers to these two questions make everything else fall into place and those are the things that make my journey matter.
So......how are you doing on YOUR journey?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!