Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Time Well Spent

A man who dares to waste one hour of life has not discovered the value of life.
~Charles Darwin

Mondays are a long day for me, I work a full day at the kennel club and when I get home my family needs me. So, it hasn't typically been a day that I have  high expectations for getting to my studio. Last night was no different. Instead of being hard on myself for not trying hard enough to make my art a priority, I putzed around in my studio for about an hour doing silly little things like looking through old sketchbooks, making small improvements on my card ideas and working a little on the journal page I started yesterday. It felt good to do these few little artsy things.....

Found a sketchbook drawing from 2009


...Made an envelope to go with the card


...added stream of consciousness words to journal page

1 comment:

  1. That drawing is beautiful, Michelle. This is my first visit to your site and I've been charmed. You've created a lovely spot to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!