Friday, February 24, 2012

Quality Time



Art is the triumph over chaos. ~John Cheever 

I found myself growing frustrated with timing yesterday as I kept trying to get to my artwork but life kept getting in the way (cleaning, laundry, homework, dinner...) Bedtime was growing near so I attempted to steal a few moments to myself at my art desk before the bedtime routine started and just as I sat down and got focused, my daughter joined me in the studio (my bedroom) and decided to read riddles to me out of a brain games book. At first I was like "Really? can I not even have 10 minutes to myself?" and then I stopped myself and remembered to be present in the moment. What a gift it was to have her sitting there interacting with me. She's 9 1/2 and soon will be a teenager wanting nothing to do with me. Which will break my heart. These are moments to be cherished and not wasted. So, I lightened up. Did some art journaling and had quality time with Katie. Pure Joy.

1 comment:

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!