Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pizza Party



Let me just start by saying this: I am a bread person. I love bread! In all it's glorious forms! Give me bread with real butter any day over cake and I am a happy happy girl. My obsession with bread grew to a new level when I was given a Panasonic Bread Machine as a gift from my mother in law back in 1996. When I first received it, I made every kind of bread in the Bread Machine Bread Cookbook.....jalapeno cheddar bread, Italian bread, sourdough bread, you name it I made it. And ate it! And I loved all of it. But I think the very best part about this bread machine was the fact that it could make dough! As in......pizza dough!  I would buy all kinds of different toppings and have pizza party night at my apartment with beer and friends. It was super fun! Life was good!

A few years went by and, sadly, the bread machine was forgotten, stored away in the back of  a dark cabinet....in it's place on the countertop a shiny new panini maker and the promise of all kinds of yummy sandwiches.

One summer vacation I was visiting my in laws in South Carolina and my mother in law made New York Style pizzeria pizza that was to die for! I asked her how she made it and it all started with dough from the bread machine and a few simple ingredients. Bread machine? Wait....I have one of those.......

I scribbled down the recipe and when I returned home, I rescued my beloved bread machine from the depths of it's storage place, dusted it off and in 2 1/2 hours....voila! Pizzeria Pizza at home! After that I think I made it twice a week for several months.What can I say? I get a little stuck on things! But it tastes better than ordering out and costs almost nothing to make!

Tonight's dinner at my house, needless to say, is New York Style Pizza. I hope I inspire you to dust off your old bread maker (mine still works like a charm even after all of these years) and make some pizza at home.

DOUGH: 1 1/4 Cups Warm Water, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp salt, 3 Cups bread flour, 1 envelope of yeast

SAUCE: 1 can (14.5 oz) whole tomatoes (drain liquid), 2 garlic cloves, 1 tsp oregano, and a pinch of kosher salt puree in a blender......TOPPINGS: Whatever you like!

Preheat oven to 425 degrees, bake for about 10 minutes, check frequently


ENJOY!


p.s. don't write your blog while the pizza is in the oven or else you run the risk of overcooking it like I did! (*sigh*) It was still delicioso!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!