Monday, April 23, 2012

Mixed Media Monday

Happy Monday!

I've been doing a lot of reading about Mixed Media both online and in library books. I love the versatility of using mixed media to create pleasing visual imagery. This past weekend I was blessed with time to experiment with some of the materials & techniques I've been reading about and I share with you a couple of things I created using acrylic paint, pastels, stamps, and collage materials.

Mixed Media on Canvas:

Katie at the Beach, Pawley's Island SC


The beginning of an altered book:

Children's board book found at the Salvation Army...
Stay tuned as this one evolves.....



I also tried an image transfer but it was a bit of a "FAIL" so no photo here! I can see where I went wrong, though and I'm excited to try it again!

 Why do YOU love Mixed Media?





1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm new to your blog, but am definitely enjoying it. I'm trying to get back into art after a long break. I'd love to hear what sites/books you are using that you referenced in this post.

    I think your portrait is great, and I'd love to see your book when it's done.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!