Thursday, June 7, 2012

Every Child is an Artist



"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up"

Pablo Picasso




"Dad" by Katie O'Connor
Acrylic on cardboard

Untitled by Katie O'Connor
Acrylic on cardboard

Untitled by Katie O'Connor
Acrylic on cardboard

"Yin Yang" by Katie O'Connor
Acrylic on Cardboard

"Fun Art"  by Michelle O'Connor
Acrylic on canvas board

Watching Katie paint and have fun doing it reminded me to loosen up! 
With the paint that was leftover on her palette, I just started painting my canvas, letting the colors mix together on the surface, my inner critic silenced for a moment, my overthinking brain relegated to the background for a change, allowing, simply, the energy within me to travel through my hand onto the canvas in a flurry of mark making.
Is it art?
Yes. It is. It all is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!