Friday, June 15, 2012

"I begin with an idea and then it becomes something else" 
 ~Pablo Picasso


I don't know about you but I'm the kind of person who likes to have a plan. I like calendars and schedules and routines .
When it comes to art, however, I have noticed that I am the opposite.
I feel like I  approach my artwork  without much of a plan which makes me feel uncomfortable!

Why don't I approach my artwork the same way I approach my life? 
Instead of letting it bother me, I looked at it a different way.

 My art is the one thing in my life that I can approach with a pinch of recklessness, the one thing that doesn't require me to battle the current, but to sit back, have fun, and let Go of control.

 
I'm learning to embrace this as a valuable part of my process
Control has to come eventually but it's good to have fun first!

  
It started off as this......

and then became this.....



Now it is this......."Wisdom"
(In Progress)
Mixed Media on Canvas Board
Michelle O'Connor



It's ok to have fun first.
 It gives flight to your ideas and makes it possible for your work to become something else


Have a fabulous weekend!










1 comment:

  1. I love this. I find my pieces that work the best are the ones that I thought couldn't be saved at one point. There is so much satisfaction in knowing you have the power to get completely lost and fight your way out of it. Having no plan leaves me open to be surprised and a little scared.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!