Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Art Tango Tuesday!


yesterday......

Today


I'm still layering layering layering.......

working at balancing composition and contrast.
Right now it needs more contrast. I have a plan for that!

I apologize for the quality of this photo. It's not lit properly so I promise a better one tomorrow!

This piece doesn't have a name yet but there is definitely a concept at work that has remained consistent with every layer I've applied.
Like an old fashioned dance, I usually let the piece lead me,
waltz-like, from beginning to end. If it turns me this way, I follow. If it sweeps me that way, I go that way.
This piece has felt more controlled.
Sort of.
This has been more of a Tango, the painting and myself leading and following with space between us, creating room in the process to be connected, yet also a space to think and breathe and have the tension to push forward to an end result that is not only a reflection of the dance, but a totality of the energy it took to get there.

Stick with me, I have faith in this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!