Friday, April 19, 2013

Learning to Link and Love

I've mentioned it before, I am not a super Tech-Savvy person.  I know just enough to be dangerous and I learn as  I go.
This week, I visited Seth Apter's blog, The Altered Page, (phenomenal artist/author and website - definitely check it out if you haven't already) and found that he has a blog directory full of artist's blogs!( http://thealteredpage.blogspot.com/p/links_11.html)  I started clicking through the list and found so many wonderful artists/writers that I started commenting on their blogs so I could get to know some of these creative people better! He was also nice enough to add my blog to the list!

On many blogs I discovered that people are "linking" and to be honest, I get the concept but I don't know how to do it. I'm ALL about sharing creativity so I want to get involved in this.
Today I am attempting to rise to a challenge I found on Daisy Yellow (http://daisyyellow.squarespace.com/) to Share the Link Love.
Maybe it's as simple as mentioning other blogs on my blog? I suspect there's more to it than that.
Anyway, here is my weekly blog plug. I hope it helps!
And PLEASE let me in on the secret to linking if I've got it wrong!


http://4roomsandthemoon.wordpress.com/
 Thank you for replying to my comment :-)
BEAUTIFUL and MEANINGFUL mixed media artwowrk, check out her blog!


Moments in Time - Impermanent 001
 http://www.adventures-of-a-mixed-media-salvage-artist.com/
amazING found object sculpture and jewelry by JimMullan









3 comments:

  1. Glad you have found some new blogs through the directory. Thanks for sharing these links here too. I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your art and your blog. A tip about linking: you might want to just put the name of the blog or blogger you want to link to, then highlight it with your mouse, then click on "Link" and enter that name, which will generate the link while highlighting the name you've typed on your post. That way when the person reading clicks on those then highlighted words they are taken directly to that other site. That way you by pass all that "http://... stuff in the URL. Something another blogger taught me. I hope you can understand my explaination! ;-)

    Glad you stopped by and commented. Fun to know I was found on Seth Apter's blog! Do come again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies for being remiss in replying to your comment! That was great advice about highlighting and entering the web address - I tried it and it works! Great tip, thank you thank you! I feel slightly more tech-savvy now! Live and learn, right?
      I'm back in the blogosphere after a few weeks battling a sinus infection and not being able to think too clearly. Feeling much better now and will visit you soon! thanks again for your readership and comment!

      Delete

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!