Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

 It was a beautiful sunny day which made it a great day to share with my mom and my family to celebrate Mother's Day!





I got these bright beautiful flowers from my hubby, Jim! They look so pretty on the kitchen table!



One of my favorite snacks is Brie cheese so that was on the menu today!  I warm it in the oven for a little bit to get it all oozy. It's so delicious!


Not the best picture but this is a French Toast Casserole that I made. It's a recipe from Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond.
It was super easy to make and it came out great! The Cinnamon Crumble on top really takes this casserole to another level! For the recipe, check out: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/05/cinnamon-baked-french-toast/





Fresh Strawberries and Watermelon were a scrumptious addition to our brunch!



Although the sweet cinnamon french toast was wonderful, bagels and lox made for a great savory option.
 I forget about this tasty treat!
Holy cow, if you've never had this, you must!
 Get good bagels, cream cheese, capers, red onions sliced super thin and smoked salmon. Heaven.

So, after shamelessly indulging in all of these Good Eats today,
I quickly exchanged my jeans for comfie pants, followed by a big cup of Peppermint Tea and a nap!

It was a wonderful lazy lounge-around day spent eating great food and hanging out with my family - even got to hang out with my brother TJ and his girlfriend Brittany all the way in Portland, Oregon thanks to Face Time! 

You know, sometimes days like Mother's Day can feel forced and full of expectations but really, it's about being together.
In my eyes, today was just perfect!


Later this week tune in for my favorite art products, art tips, and art blogs that I love!

1 comment:

  1. YUM... YUM... YUM...!!
    ** all looks delicious here :]

    What a wonderful Mother's Day Michelle, thank you for sharing it with me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!