Friday, July 5, 2013

Practicing the 5-10 minute rule for Art

I've been having difficulty finding time to spend on my art and it's becoming very frustrating. I either don't have the time or when I do, Inspiration takes a vacation on me. I was so grateful to find Kathy Johnson's blog (K Johnson Art) where she talks about the 5-10 minute rule in her blog pots, Make Mine Mini. It seemed perfect for my lifestyle and something had to give so I decided to try it out. Here is what I've accomplished so far. It's only Day 2. I am going to try to post my progress as much as possible so check back in around Monday or Tuesday to see where this journal page goes:


Day 1

Below is the 5-10 minutes of work I did to my journal page today. To learn more about this approach to your art, visit: K Johnson Art or check out my blog post from yesterday. (click here)

Day 2
If it's difficult to find large blocks of time in your life to dedicate to your creative process, don't fret. Try taking 5-10 minutes at a time (once or many times during the day) and see what you can accomplish.


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean a lot to me! Please stop by and say hi!